An excellent post by Ross Dawson on future online trends. It includes :
1. Pervasive connectivity : we will be far more connected, wherever we are
2. Immersive experience : 24” screens, 5 speaker sound and 3D images
3. New interfaces : voice recognition, surface interfaces gesture and facial expression recognition
4. Attention profiling : user filtered content and profiling of our interests and behaviors
5. Do It Yourself apps : recombine the elements of the web to build new applications
6. Social revolution : the online and real worlds will merge
Trends 1 to 3 are very technical, influencing how we interact with the online world. The combination of user filtered content and user generated applications (trend 4 and 5) is much more important. These will allow us (= every individual, individually) to determine ourselves the content and the people we want to interact with.