This post by Arjun Thomas (http://arjunthomas.com/?p=70) made me think of how I deal with best practices.
I like to cook, (http://marnixcatteeuw.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!B9C4E02838429A32!120.entry) and since my family likes me to cook, I usually do.
Firstly I buy some ingredients (usually a lot). Then I look for recipes. Finally I prepare dinner.
The best recipes go into my personal cookbook (it’s hand written to make it more stylish).
This is my collection of best practices, which I consult regularly. I will never copy a recipe exactly. They are my source of inspiration.
In knowledge management terminology, it means that I do not adopt the best practice of the past, but I adapt them to the present before applying.
This adaption is crucial, since the present is not the same as the past … I rarely have exactly the same ingredients in the fridge …
- Ja, bij ons het nogal bergop. nixxeinleuven.wordpress.com/2017/05/21/ja-… https://t.co/5N7hdYoCp7 6 days ago
- Brouwen. @Het blijft ne schone stiel. @Begin koken. nixxeinleuven.wordpress.com/2017/05/18/bro… https://t.co/O9XDWPVUml 1 week ago
- Ook in Leuven ! nixxeinleuven.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/ook… https://t.co/tvWGFMEgKQ 2 weeks ago
- Circus in Leuven nixxeinleuven.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/cir… https://t.co/CMukOoOU8l 2 weeks ago
- Weeral ne prijs gewonnen. Olivier Willems pralines. #oostende nixxeinleuven.wordpress.com/2017/05/10/wee… https://t.co/mJ9kwM4FKR 2 weeks ago